Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life in Croydon

I have been living in london for few months now in an area named Croydon. This is one of the main suburbs where the immigrant population has congregated. Its a very multicultural suburb, more so then anywhere else in the world I have seen. By virtue of it being a lower socio economic area the city has a raw gritty feel to it.

Every time I went to visit Cos in Essex (rich white town) , I forgot just exactly how diverse my home town was.
As I am soaking up my last days in London I figured I would try to capture some of the feel of this place for my memories and to share.

Where I currently live

The city has plenty of empty boarded up shops, and more gambling and pawn brokers then I have ever seen

The Octagon building near the train station, and trams. Unmistakable Croydon

Not exactly beauty, thats the main st at the end of the alley

Still boarded up after the riots when it was set alight.  
International supermarkets dominate the West croydon area

No comments:

Post a Comment