With the van up for sale and interested parties looking this week, we decided to go away for a couple of days while we still could.
We headed south, hoping to find some waves and visit a few places we enjoyed on the way up. South West Rocks and Crescent Head our destination.
While killing time due to no swell anywhere we were up on the hill at Crescent Head and saw some para gliders taking off, we watched as the first two left with only a little trouble. The guy left asked if I could help by anchoring him while he filled the chute and then attempt a take off.
The first attempt went not so well, he got the chute filled lifted off the ground and I pushed him towards the steep down hill, a gust of wind pushed him back up and he proceeded to get bashed into his own car while his chute nearly hit the power lines close by.
Reset and try no 2 - See the video.
The poor bloke ended up in a thicket covered in small cuts and bleeding from every where.
I feel a little guilty I may have not helped a lot, but he gave no direction other then hang on, so I hung on.
We pretty much high tailed it out of there after that and let him sort out the mess that was his chute.
No comments:
Post a Comment